by Brickyard Creek | Sep 20, 2022 | BYC Library, History
In Brickyard Creek Chronicles, Chapter 4: Naming the Creek, we gave you a brief history on the development of a brickyard at Roy’s Point by Col. Rudd. Rudd had leased the land at Roy’s Point from William Dalrymple. The Bayfield Brick Manufacturing Company was only in operation from 1889 to 1892, probably coming to its demise as the result of the Financial Panic of 1893.
by Brickyard Creek | May 7, 2022 | BYC Library, History
The end of the lumbering industry coincided with the beginning of Prohibition which lasted from 1920 to 1933, which was then followed by the Great Depression (1929 – 1941).
by Brickyard Creek | Apr 30, 2022 | BYC Library, History
Ernie LaPointe moved with his mother to Roy’s Point in 1913 and at some later time prepared a hand-drawn map of the area as it was when he lived there. According to his map there were 28 houses at Roy’s Point…
by Brickyard Creek | Apr 23, 2022 | BYC Library, HistoryChapter 7: Two Other Operations at Roy’s Point – 1906-1913 Finch-Bell Company (1906-1909) The Finch-Bell Company was incorporated in October 1905. It bought 23,000 acres of cedar trees on the north shore and in 1906 it leased land at Roy’s Point from...
by Brickyard Creek | Apr 16, 2022 | BYC Library, History
On August 8, 1900 an agreement was reached between the Bayfield Transfer company and
William Knight, granting Knight the right to build a sawmill and other buildings on 6.7 acres of land located along the north side of the creek from the lake shore back to within 100 feet of the Transfer tracks.
by Brickyard Creek | Apr 9, 2022 | BYC Library, History
The second railroad built in Bayfield was the Bayfield Transfer which serviced the lumber industry on the peninsula from 1898 to 1924.